Thailand Daycare Center Shooting: According to Deputy Police spokeswoman Archon Kraitong, “There are at least 31 fatalities although details were still trickling in.”
According to police authorities quoted by AFP, a man with a rifle and a knife invaded a nursery in Thailand on Thursday, killing at least 34 people, including 22 children. At least 34 people have died, but further information is still being received, according to Deputy Police spokesperson Archon Kraitong.
Here’s what we know so far:
- The shooting took place in northern Thailand in Nong Bua Lamphu.
- The victims include both children and adults, reports said.
- The gunman involved in the mass shooting was a former police officer, Thailand cops said.
- All agencies have been alerted to take action, Thailand’s police said.
- The gunman killed his wife and child before killing himself, Reuters reported citing Thailand media.
- Mass shootings are rare in Thailand but in 2020 a soldier angry over a property deal gone sour killed at least 29 people and wounded 57 in a rampage.