March 8 marks International Women’s Day and Google Doodle on Friday celebrated the day this year with 13 inspirational quotes from women who have made progress in fields going from space science to boxing. Two such quotes were by Indian ambassador N L Beno Zephine and Indian boxer Mary Kom.
The dialogue box of the Google Doodle includes a vivid picture with the word ‘women’ composed 11 languages.
Not exclusively did the quotes originate from successful women over the world, yet in addition represented it in the language it was initially said or composed.
Here are the 13 quotes:
- “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations,” Dr Mae Jemison, American space explorer and doctor
- “Feet, what do I need them for if I have wings to fly?” Frida Kahlo, Mexican artist
- “Let nothing bind you in the world other than your highest inner truth,” Emma Herwegh, German author
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality,” Yoko Ono, Japanese multimedia artist
- “We are too precious to let disappointments enter our minds,” N L Beno Zephine, Indian ambassador
- “Do not say you are weak, because you are a woman,” Mary Kom, Indian boxer
- “I am stronger than myself,” Clarice Lispector, Brazilian novelist
- “I really believe in the idea of the future,” Zaha Hadid, British-Iraqi architect
- “Courage calls to courage everywhere,” Millicent Fawcett, British author and suffragette
- “Wings are freedom only when they are wide open in flight. On one’s back they are a heavy weight,” Marina Tsvetaeva, Russian poet
- “The future can awaken in a more beautiful way than the past,” George Sand, French novelist
- “A person who has at least one dream has a reason to be strong,” Sanmao, Chinese-born Taiwanese writer
- “I matter. I matter equally. Not ‘if only’, not ‘as long as’. I matter. Full stop,” Chimamanda Adichie, Nigerian author